3.2. Adb connect via internetG
1. Make sure Ethernet port on board and host machine are connected to the network. Check Ethernet configuration for the board.
lo UP 127.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 0x00000049
eth0 UP 192.168.1.117/24 255.255.252.0 0x00001043
2. If Ethernet was not configured, configure Ethernet of the board using ifconfig/netcfg as shown below.
# netcfg eth0 dhcp
3. Configure the ADB Daemon to use an ethernet connection using setprop as shown below.
# setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
4. If network is configured successfully (above steps) then Restart service adbd on the target.
# stop adbd
# start adbd
5. On the host machine use following commands to establish adb connection
$ adb kill-server
$ adb start-server
$ adb connect :5555
6. Verify for device connectivity, by executing the following commands. If connected, find the device name listed as a “IPADDRESS:PORT”
$ adb devices
List of devices attached
7. An example of using adb to install software for Android
Make sure **.apk at the current folder, and export the adb path.
$ adb –s 192.168.1.117:5555 install **.apk
Use the argument –s to appoint the device over the internet.