3.3. Adb connect via internet
1. Make sure the Ethernet port on board and host machine are connected to the network. Check Ethernet configuration for the board.
lo UP 127.0.0.1/8 0x00000049 00:00:00:00:00:00
can0 DOWN 0.0.0.0/0 0x00000080 00:00:00:00:00:00
eth0 UP 192.168.6.176/24 0x00001043 1e:ed:19:27:1a:b3
2. If the Ethernet was not configured, configure the Ethernet of the board using ifconfig/netcfg as shown below.
# netcfg eth0 dhcp
3. Configure the ADB Daemon to use an ethernet connection using setprop as shown below.
# setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
4. If the network is configured successfully (as in the steps above) then restart the service adbd on the target.
# stop adbd
# start adbd
5. On the host machine use following commands to establish adb connection.
$ adb kill-server
$ adb start-server
$ adb connect :5555
6. Verify device connectivity, by executing the following commands. If connected, find the device name listed as a “IPADDRESS:PORT”
$ adb devices
List of devices attached
7. An example of using adb to install software for Android. Make sure **.apk at the current folder, and export the adb path.
$ adb –s 192.168.1.117:5555 install **.apk
Use the argument –s to appoint the device over the internet.